Table of Contents
Interested in planning an in-person event to build brand awareness for your small business? You’re in the right place.
Marsha Battee joins us for this episode of Your Sparkly Brand! She shares the story of how she creates visibility for visionary entrepreneurs by helping them plan successful and productive in-person events using the six-rights framework. We also discuss how in-person events drive revenues for businesses and how a successful in-person event is planned.
Marsha Battee is an event planning strategist for visionary entrepreneurs who want to create awe-inspiring experiences for their clients. From ideation to day-of execution, Marsha is an expert in all aspects of event planning, whether it’s a small, intimate retreat or a high-end multi-day conference.
Most recently, she hosted the 1st Annual Black Nurses Week Conference, a 3-day event for which she secured a dozen speakers and $25K in sponsorships.
Prior to starting her own event-planning business, Marsha was an event manager at UCLA, where she produced programming at venues like The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills and the Four Seasons Resort in Santa Barbara.
Marsha is a graduate of Georgetown University and lives in Washington, DC. When she’s not planning events, she moonlights as a travel nurse and has served on the frontlines during the pandemic.
Watch The Episode
Key Points For This Episode
- Meet Marsha Bartee!
- Meg’s sparkly moment of the week.
- Lauren’s sparkly moment.
- Marsha’s sparkly moments.
- Marsha’s business building journey.
- Who should explore in-person/live events.
- Other ways by which in-person events drive revenues for businesses.
- How events help you build relationships and build your branding.
- How to plan towards your in-person events to avoid flopping.
- The six rights framework to having a successful event.
- Marsha’s tips for entrepreneurs who want to boost their businesses through in-person events.
- Marsha’s favorite in-person-event ice breaker.
- Importance of branding to Marsha’s business.
- Marsha’s piece of business advice to her younger self.
- Marsha’s upcoming projects.
- Where to find Marsha online
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave us a 5-star rating! Ratings & reviews will help this podcast grow so we can make the world a little more Sparkly!
About The Your Sparkly Brand Podcast
On Your Sparkly Brand, we aim to inspire and empower female entrepreneurs like you. This podcast is all about making your marketing & branding “sparkly.”
Each week we share valuable tips and tricks, discuss common mindset challenges, and interview inspiring female business owners. In a world that tries to pit women against each other, Your Sparkly Brand is saying NO to that B.S.
Is there a topic you’d like us to cover in an upcoming episode? Are you a business owner who wants to join us on the podcast to share your story? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.